Pages

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Lucky Richard ....

I had a lovely request last week via my website last week - a lady wanted a card to
give to her boyfriend on 29th February, asking him to marry her ??!!

According to an old Irish legend, or possibly history, St Bridget struck a deal with St Patrick to allow women to propose to men – and not just the other way around – every 4 years. This is believed to have been introduced to balance the traditional roles of men and women in a similar way to how Leap Day balances the calendar.

On the front of the card I die-cut the letters for his name
and punched the heart out with a SU punch.....she wanted to keep it simple.


.......and when Richard opens the card he will find ........


I typed the words out and stuck them to some thick kraft card and
used a Cuttlebug Jigsaw die that
I found on eBay on Sunday night - and thankfully arrived today -
and when Richard pieces the jigsaw together....


How lovely and romantic is that ?? I hope she gets in touch with me
and lets me know the answer !!!

Thanks for stopping by - and all your lovely comments.

Hugs

Susan x

2 comments:

  1. oh how romantic .. an absolutely fabulous idea.
    Thanks for your comment on my card yesterday - i hope you are feeling better - at least you got anti biotics - my doc wouldn't give me any... but a holiday sounds like a better idea lol- wish we could get one of them on prescription!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Susan...what a fabulous idea! I think I really need that Cuttlebug die lol. I really hope she lets you know what he says..so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete

I know how time consuming leaving comments is - so I really do appreciate all messages left for me. It truly makes my day.
Hugs Susan x