Pages

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Anything but Square challenge

Our lovely Lindsey has set a challenge for this fortnight
 
'No squares allowed'
 
 
When I saw this challenge I thought - 'oh no !! - I don't do anything but square....'
so I went to check my blank card collection to see if I had anything there before I started to think about die-cutting a card and yes - I did - I must've bought these such a long time ago I had forgotten.
From Craftwork cards I think !!
 
For my card today I have used 'The Wrinklies' - it is a perfect card for my FIL's birthday - think I have used it before but ho-hum it's certainly different.
 
I embossed the card blank before I started to layer etc and have to say think it looks good.
The DP is a new purchase from Stampin' Up called 'Sweater Weather' - gorgeous.....and embellished with a few small wooden buttons from my stash.
 
 
a closer view


a different view
 


an inside view
 

 
Hope you enjoy our challenge - please do go and take a look at the other ladybugs and give them some love....
 
 
Hugs
 
Susan xx

6 comments:

  1. This is a fab shape Susan...don't think I've seen it before and I really like the embossing on it. Gorgeous pp's...I don't need them I don't need them I don't need them!! Love the inside too...fabtastic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Susan.....I almost used this image too.
    Fab shape and love the papers.
    have a good evening.
    Hugs Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shape and card Susan! Love the papers and image, hope he doesn't knock his cup off! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I do love that image Susan, my HB to a T (except he's a few years younger!) Love the papers and what a great shape too... oooh and the embossing folder... all of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way you took the photograph so you can see all the different layers and textures. Soo cool! The card really reminds me of grampa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, a while since I played with my wrinklies!! (I realise this sounds bad but thought it would make you chuckle so I left it!!) love the papers you have used too x

    ReplyDelete

I know how time consuming leaving comments is - so I really do appreciate all messages left for me. It truly makes my day.
Hugs Susan x